The LGH Gift shop offers including unique iron and wooden items – all produced at our Cooperage and Green Family Forge; two of our historic sites.
For 2023 we are pleased to offer products from over twenty-five craft producers. These products include:
• a selection of assorted book titles including, history, fiction, cook books, and children's books
•hand crafted jewelry, handmade pottery and unique blown glass ornaments
• locally made coffee, tea, jams, preserves and spices
• artistic prints
• beautiful hooked rugs
• our wooden items from the Cooperage includes cutting boards, spatulas and toys
• axes, candle holders, coat hooks and racks, door knockers, fireplace pokers, heart hooks, necklaces – all designed by our local Blacksmiths. .
• a curated selection of clothing - hoodies, t-shirts and hats
• locally manufactured soaps
Our Craft and Gift Shop was opened in 2014 as part of the Bonavista Peninsula Crafts Initiative; an initiative that developed shop standards and guidelines to improve the quality of products offered for sale throughout the region. It included the not-for-profit organizations Cape RandomTrust/Random Passage, Sir William Coaker Heritage Foundation, Trinity Crafts (Bonaventure to English Harbour Development Association) and the Home from the Sea Foundation, in addition to Trinity Historical Society. Funding assistance for this project was made possible through the Government of Canada and Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.The Cultural Craft Project was a unique project which connected not-for-profit tourism site operators, artisans and craft producers to promote customized story telling products of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Gift Shop Hours:
Opening Hours - Starting May 20 to October 6 - 9:30 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. We also offer an on-line shopping option. Simply visit our Online Gift Store for an unique quality hand-crafted product!